HURON SCHOOL DISTRICT FOUNDATION WELCOMES DAY OF THE TIGER
The Huron School District Foundation was formed just over a year ago intended to provide more scholarships to Huron High School graduates. The foundation has a special event this Friday. President of the Huron School District Foundation, …
RE-CAP OF JAMES RIVER SEARCH FOR RACHEL CYRIACKS
Last week there was a lot of activity around the Huron area regarding the search for Rachel Cyriacks. November 13th marked 10 years since her disappearance. Much speculation has gone into what happened to Rachel and who is responsible. …
HRMC FOUNDATION WRAPS UP NO SHAVE NOVEMBER PROMOTION FOR MENS HEALTH
The month of November was men's health awareness month. HRMC Foundation had a promotion tied in with that to promote prostate health awareness as we hear from Levi Kary from the foundation. Kary said they had good …
Assistant city engineer Dennis Bennett presented a project payment request for the under construction solid waste transfer station at Monday night city commission meeting. With ongoing difficulties with the current baler at the solid waste facility, Bennett …
National & World News
- An important bloc for the governing party, the island’s youth are focusing on bread-and-butter issues and have helped propel the rise of an insurgent party.
- A meeting at the U.N., organized in part by Sheryl Sandberg, charged the body with ignoring the rape and mutilation of women in the Oct. 7 assault on Israel, and heard gruesome details from witnesses.
- The warning, in a letter to congressional leaders, comes as Republican support for funding Kyiv’s war effort is waning, and an emergency funding package is stalled in Congress.
- The New York Times analyzed satellite images showing Israeli armored vehicles outside Khan Younis, the largest city in southern Gaza, where many had sought refuge from weeks of war.
- Vice President Kamala Harris has emerged as one of the highest-ranking American officials urging restraint by Israeli forces.
- Carbon dioxide emissions from oil, gas and coal rose by 1 percent in 2023, researchers announced at the U.N. climate summit.
- Israel, escalating its assault against Hamas in southern Gaza, warned civilians there to evacuate, but some said there was nowhere left to go.
- Residents of a Johannesburg building know it is every bit as dangerous as one that burned in August, killing 77. But it’s a home, one they might not otherwise have, and a place to pursue their dreams and aspirations.
- Gov. Hochul should make sure the big tab is paid by Big Oil, not by state taxpayers.
- Here's how Long Islanders are turning TikTok into a full-time job.
- The New Orleans Saints still have time to salvage this season and their upcoming schedule is relatively weak.
- No police officers will face criminal charges in the death of a man who fled a traffic stop in the Minneapolis suburbs last year.
- Quarterback Kyler Murray is getting more comfortable in his return from a serious knee injury, tight end Trey McBride could be a future star and, suddenly, the Arizona Cardinals look like a halfway decent team.
- The new gates will let riders more easily access the LIRR, or the JFK AirTrain, while traveling with a wheelchair, stroller, or luggage, MTA officials said
- Prosecutors have charged a man with four counts of murder for the fatal shootings of three homeless men in Los Angeles and a suburban resident last month.