SPLASH CENTRAL SET FOR SATURDAY SEASON OPENER
Splash Central in Huron will start the 2023 season Saturday June 3rd. Chad Schroeder, director of the Huron Park and Red Department gives us an update of the Summer Fun Facility. Schroeder said Splash Central has a …
PEACEFUL PINES GROUND BREAKING FOR NEW SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY
A ground breaking ceremony was held Wednesday for Peaceful Pines Senior Living which will be located at the Broadland Creek residential community on Ohio Avenue nw. The project from HME Companies out of Brookings. Ted Haeder with Greater Huron …
WHEELJAM 2023 UPDATE
Just one week away from the 20th Wheel Jam. We hear an update from Candi Briley with the SD State Fair. All of the fun at Wheel Jam goes together with great food. Briley said …
STANLEY COUNTY HOME EXPLOSION UPDATE
A fundraising account set up for a rural Fort Pierre family who lost three family members and their home in an explosion yesterday (May 24, 2023) has raised over $150-thousand in less than 12 hours. As of 6:30 …
National & World News
- Kyiv has not formally announced the start of operations. But Russia said that major Ukrainian attacks had begun in the Donetsk region and that it had repelled the assaults and inflicted casualties.
- Signs of a counteroffensive in Ukraine.
- The prince is getting his day in court as he takes on the tabloids that scrutinized his every move for years, even hacking his phone.
- President Biden hosted Mette Frederiksen, the prime minister of Denmark, at the White House on Monday, and much of the discussion revolved around providing support to Kyiv.
- For months, U.S. officials said cross-border operations risked a dangerous escalation. But those fears have ebbed.
- The restoration of service could help more families reach the area to identify the dead. Officials said about 100 victims were still unclaimed.
- Officials said that western portions of the country appeared to be the most affected by the flooding caused by heavy rain over the weekend.
- U.S. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken will travel to Saudi Arabia to discuss the idea at a time when the politics in the three countries may make normalization difficult.
- Voters in Kuwait are heading to the polls for a third time in as many years, with little hope of ending prolonged gridlock between the ruling family and assertive lawmakers
- California investigating whether DeSantis involved in flying asylum-seekers from Texas to SacramentoOfficials are investigating whether Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis was behind a flight that picked up asylum-seekers on the Texas border and flew them — apparently without their knowledge — to California's capital, even as faith-based groups scrambled to find housing and food for them
- Ukraine on Tuesday accused Russian forces of blowing up a major dam and hydroelectric power station in a part of southern Ukraine they control, threatening a massive flood that could displace hundreds of thousands of people, and ordered residents downriver to evacuate
- Ava Cook scored a pair of first-half goals and the Chicago Red Stars defeated Angel City 2-0 in the National Women's Soccer League on Monday night
- Actor Cuba Gooding Jr. faces the start of a civil trial on accusations that he raped a woman in a New York City hotel a decade ago
- A Republican state senator whose 2021 surprise victory over the New Jersey Senate President is fighting to hold on to the GOP nomination in Tuesday's primary, and two long-time Democratic state senators are vying against each other for another chance to represent their party in the state Legislature
- Saborn Campbell tripled and scored the go-ahead run, Malcolm Moore added a two-run home run and Stanford beat Texas A&M 7-1 to win the Stanford Regional
- Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie set to launch 2024 presidential bid at New Hampshire town hallFormer New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is set to launch his campaign for the White House at a town hall in New Hampshire on Tuesday evening