CAP Co2 SOLUTIONS WORKING ON ALTERNATE PLAN FOR USE OF LIQUID Co2 – part one
The debate concerning liquid carbon pipelines has been active since for a couple years. The discussion early on featured two prospective plans. Navigator Co2 Venture from Texas and Summit Carbon Solutions from Iowa. Summit remains as a current proposed …
COMBINED CITY – SCHOOL DISTRICT ELECTION SET FOR APRIL 9TH
April 9th is election day for two positions available on the Huron School Board and the Huron Mayor race. For the school district Tim Van Berkum will run for re-election to his position. Ray Cardona and Brittany Layher submitted …
South Dakota State Fairgrounds Announces Renaming of Key Buildings to Better Reflect their Versatile Functions
Huron, SD – The South Dakota State Fair is thrilled to announce the renaming of two deep-rooted buildings on the South Dakota State Fairgrounds. The new names capture the essence of the state fair’s heritage and traditions while accurately …
National & World News
- The ruling said that a new British law aiming to foster reconciliation over decades of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland would be a violation of human rights.
- The president of Egypt said he hoped a truce could be reached “in the next few days,” even as Hamas signaled it was far from a breakthrough with Israel.
- Transnistria declared independence in 1992 but is not recognized internationally. The request by the territory’s legislature could fuel regional tensions as the war in Ukraine rages.
- A scheduled service for the Russian opposition leader will be open to the public, but it is unclear whether the authorities will try to stop people from attending.
- Goo Hara’s life was a struggle from the start. She ended it at 28, isolated and harassed online.
- The Republican speaker, who has come under bipartisan pressure to strike a deal that his far-right members are resisting, is weighing a temporary funding patch that would allow more time for negotiations.
- The hospital visit, though short, revived concerns about the health of the 87-year-old pontiff.
- Bosnia is being hit by a combination of a low birthrate and emigration, a trend fueled by ethnic tensions and disgust with corruption.
- Donald Trump and Nikki Haley lead the field of candidates competing in the District of Columbia's Republican presidential primary, which will be held Friday through Sunday.
- The funeral will be held at a church in Moscow's southeast Maryino district on Friday afternoon.
- Idaho Republicans will gather in presidential caucuses on Saturday to help pick their party's presidential standard-bearer.
- His appearance Wednesday marks a critical moment for Republicans as their impeachment inquiry into his father and their family's business affairs teeters on the brink of collapse.
- Japan has defeated North Korea 2-1 to reach the women's soccer tournament at the upcoming Paris Olympics.
- The Missouri Republican Party will hold presidential caucuses this Saturday, giving voters their chance to weigh in on who should represent the party on the November presidential ballot.
- U.S. airfares are, on average, 15% lower now than they were a decade ago, and 6% lower than this time last year.
- The Chevrolet Trax receives a complete redesign for 2024, gaining stylish good looks inside and out, more space, a new turbocharged three-cylinder engine, and a generous assortment of standard features.